This is my J5 tactical flashlight review, a flashlight that won’t cost you a dime but will still light up your day. This little handy flashlight is an Amazon best seller and has over 71% 5-star reviews, if that doesn’t tell you something, I don’t know what will.
So let’s get to it. The J5 tactical is very small and should be considered to be a pocket flashlight. I think it measures about 4 inches in length or so, it’s actually smaller than the palm of my hand. Great for EDC people or for those people that want their flashlight to take up minimal space. The body is made out of military grade aluminum and feels really sturdy in my hand, even though it’s kind of hard to grip because I have such large hands. With that said, the hefty body will surely be able to any shocks coming its way. The black body has a tactical feel to it and looks very stylish.
On the flashlight, you’ll find a heavy-duty belt clip, and let me tell you, it’s heavy duty alright. I’ve been carrying this flashlight with me almost everyday and the clip is still in top notch condition. At the bottom, you’ll find the on off switch, because it’s located at the back it makes the flashlight suitable to be mounted on weapons. Even though the J5 Tactical flashlight is so small it’s still possible to adjust the focus on the beam.
It is powered by one AA battery. And here’s the kicker with the battery… If you use your regular AA batteries bought from the store, the J5 tactical will give you a lumen output of about 150 lumens. It’s not by any means bad, but you can actually increase the lumen output with a simple “hack”. Throw that old AA battery in the trash can and buy yourself a lithium ion battery, it will double the amount of lumens up to 300. Having a 4 inch 300 lumen flashlight is pretty nice, let me tell you that! It’s in fact brighter than some other 300 lumen flashlights I have, it’s definitely not something you’d expect from a little guy like this.
In my opinion, this is the ideal flashlight for people who like to go camping or spend time in nature. Just look at this review from a retired wildlife enforcement officer, “These little lights are one of the best I have ever seen for the size and cost. “. And I can only agree, if you look through the Amazon reviews you can clearly see that a lot of police officers and military personnel have bought this light and are very happy with it.
Some final words on this little light, it’s very affordable costing under $15. While some people buy flashlights for several hundred dollars, this is an “investment” that will last you a life time without burning a hole in your wallet.
Hopefully, this j5 tactical flashlight review will provide you with enough information to help make an educated purchase, I can recommend this flashlight 100%.
- It has an on and off mode by cap press.
- It has a stylish black color.
- As rated by the manufacturer, it has a maximum output of 250 Lumens.
- The powerful beam of Light can reach up to 600 feet.
- It has an adjustable three mode focus zoom light: bright, dim and flashing mode.
- The Lens are convex that acts as a reflector.
- It is made of durable aluminum alloy.
- The LED’s model is J5 LED.
- You can find the switch on the tail part.
- The battery is not included but works with an AA 3.7v Battery.
- The size dimensions are 9.4cm x 2.6cm x 2.6cm.
- It only weighs 65 grams.
- Adjust the focus of the beam by pulling the head of the flashlight.
- The aluminum alloy used in the flashlight’s body is as high as an aircraft’s body.
- It is strong enough to resist substantial impacts.
- It can withstand water.
- The LED light is so bright at 250 Lumen.
- It is only powered by a single AA battery.
- It is easy to grab because of its anti-slip grip.
- It has a portable size and easy to carry with its belt clip.
- It is small and lightweight.
- It can quickly change modes from the bright mode, dim mode and to a flashing mode.
- The dark setting has no relevant use.
- Only runs on a single battery that will not last long.
The big brother – J5 Tactical V1 Pro
As you may know, there’s a slightly upgraded version of the normal J5, called the J5 Tactical V1 Pro. I love this light as well, imagine you took the J5 and put in on steroids, then you would get the V1 Pro.
Just like its little brother, the V1 Pro is powered by a single AA battery. The major difference here is the fact that the V1 Pro outputs 300 lumens on a regular AA battery. I haven’t tested it, but it wouldn’t surprise me if a lithium ion battery would increase the output even more. If anyone of you readers try this, please let me know the results!
The battery life is also pretty good, it will lasts about 3 weeks with regular use. By regular use I mean a little use every other day or so. It will definitely not last 3 weeks being constantly on! I do recommend always bringing a spare battery with you, just in case.
People have used the J5 Tactical V1 Pro on several missions, including search and rescue missions, military operations and SWAT raids. If needed it can also be used as a striking weapon in a self-defense situation. Although I wouldn’t consider it to be the best choice for such a task, there are better alternatives out there. And if you’re the type that don’t want to hit someone, just use the flash to make your attacker blind, with 300 lumens I can guarantee he will go blind for a few seconds.
- The J5 Tactical V1-Pro Flashlight is brighter at 300 lumens maximum output.
- It is small and lightweight making it easy to carry.
- It can illuminate up to 600 feet.
- You can see the colors of your environment due to its bright light.
- Since it is battery operated, it can last hours while on a rescue mission.
- It can work even though it is raining because it’s water resistant.
- The no-skid grip will give you a good hold of it.
- Battery operation won’t last for days.
- A Little Light has almost no function.